blaineandersonwayne-archive asked: For someone who's just getting into Rumbelle, what would you say are the best fanfics to start with, particularly for multi-chapter, plot-heavy stuff? There's so much out there that I have no idea where to start.
Oh, allow me! It would be my great pleasure! Have I mentioned I love rec-ing fic!
I tried to list mostly completed fic, with ones that in my opinion are good starter fics. Some are more plot heavy than others, with those tending to be more character studies…
- Weave Me a New Skin to Cover My Own
- Breathe Symphonies
- Civilised Existence
- Wrapped Around a Spindle
- Rabbits on the Run
- A Sword of Sharpened Steel (I don’t know what it’s rated? T-ish?)
- Once Upon a Dream (It’s not multi-chapter, but really long)
- A Broken Heart’s Best Weapon
- Glass Houses
Oh, and here are ones that are rated Mature (don’t know if you read that, but just in case you don’t, ignore the rest):
- All the Bright Pieces
- In Which Belle Learns a Trade
- Fyre’s Burning Trilogy
- Tune of Bullets (WesternAU)
Hope that helps!! That should keep you busy for a while!
Oh, and I myself on the rare occasion have been known to dabble in the writing of fanfic… (shameless self promotion, for the win)